Friday, November 6, 2009

Big Breakthrough . . . "See" You at Blogocon!!!

Greg It's like a Brand now because of my big breakthrough!!!

Blogosphere demographers, "blogographers" to be precise, assure me, and other bloggers via statistical studies in Blogblog, a blog about blog demographics which I follow (it's not like I have any one-on-one access to blogographers) that for every posted "follower" there are 1,000,000 readers who for whatever reason do not wish to identify themselves as followers even though they, in fact, may be following more loyally (and I use "loyally" advisedly) than the "followers."

Now, with my blog I can be assured of followers-as-devotees insofar as I even hear of a little "Greg's blog" industry (see non-listed followers HP and KG) and competing blogs about my blog and, I daresay, speculative blogs about my life, a life I try to keep quite private if only for _________'s protection and, no, I'm not one of backup dancers in "Saturday Night Fever," just to dispel one of the more playful rumors springing up about my admittedly halcyon days of the 70s.

Anyway, with the addition of RLH to my followers, I can now be assured that I have somewhere in the vicinity of 20,000,000 readers! That's a breakthrough! Because, you know, whereas you might have thought 10,000,000 to be a breakthrough, the fact is that there are a great many prosaic blogs hovering around 10,000,000 including a blog about how to handle dust mites, a blog comparing dishwashing soaps, even a blog for Luddites which you'd think would have no followers at all, but there you go.

No, 20,000,000 is the mark of distinction, of "arrival," in the blogosphere; it's the level of readership necessary for an invitation to Blogocon, the virtual convention for bloggers (many of whom you'd think can't possibly have more than 5 million, but there's no accounting for taste, especially in the blogosphere) which I'll be "attending" next week! Hope to "see" all of you there because, after all, you need to "REPRESENT!" as the kids say.


Let's show all those blogs devoted to, I dunno, homemade crafts, self-esteem, and muscle cars that Greg's eclectic blog is "IN" THE HOUSE, so to speak, and moving up to that 30,000,000 mark before you know it. Thanks RLH for putting me over the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment