Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pledge Break -- Please Give Me Money


And now it is time for a pledge break.

Please give me money.

My polls indicate that only one in ten of you reading my blog ever pledges your support for my blog with a monetary contribution. In Economics 101 terms, this makes you a free rider. In more colloquial terms, a freeloader.




My goal for this pledge break is 2.2 million dollars. I can reach that, but only with your help. Really. It will only happen with your help.

Once I reach my goal, you can go back to the very eclectic writings and videos that draw you into my blog 20 to 30 times a day.

Perhaps you would like a gift in return for your pledge of support. And so, if you pledge – rather, if you SEND or personally give me -- $50,000 I will send you 5 excellent mixes from my very eclectic iTunes library.

Also, please note, some of my more affluent blog supporters have promised to match your gift of support if you give me any amount of money.

So what are you waiting for? Perhaps an 800 number? I can do better than that! If you promise a sum of $100,000 or more, I will meet you personally at the café of your choosing. I’ll buy! And, of course, I’ll bring the mixes.

4 comments:

  1. We could get a reciprocal thing going on: you pledge money to me, I pledge to you. We both increase our readership and retire early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Larissa,

    That won't work. It can only work for one of us if the other is willing to give lots to the one. I want to be the one.

    g

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! Tote Bag!

    Can it be made of paper? Would "GREG" be sufficient on the bag? Or "ECLECTIC GREG"?

    g

    ReplyDelete