Monday, September 21, 2009

Blog: Supply and Demand


Does my blog generate a demand among my legion of followers so that, in classical economic mode, demand generates a supply of my musings?

Or is there a different supply and demand dynamic to consider? Does the opportunity to blog, for which there is a relatively huge and inexpensive supply, arouse my demand to use the supply? I.e., if the opportunity to blog didn’t arise and tempt, would I have fewer thoughts demanding expression?

This is a chicken and egg conundrum.

I do know this: The demand of my followers, what there is of it, should not generate a greater supply of musings than the circumstances of my life evoke.

My principle should be: I shouldn’t write for writing’s sake, but only when I think I have something intriguing to share.

I have violated that principle with this entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment