Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Experiment with Twitter


Here are all my Twitter postings until I got rid of Twitter:

Got my own line of clothing now! "G-Gear" . . . pronounced "Guh-Gear" not "Gee-Gear." Teeshirts and denim. Send me $100 for full ensemb.

Economics is no more about money than English Literature is about the alphabet.

To my students today: "I'm on Tweeter!" Response: "It's 'Twitter.'" Then me: "Isn't that what I said, that I'm tweetering?" Eyes roll.

If you see me and it seems I've forgotten that I'm a white guy, remind me.

I'm a'tweetin', but why? Not enough room for jokes, but okay for punchlines. Ex.: "Four! One to charge and three to yell 'Ole!'" Hahaha!

My Twitter vs. my blog: http://theeclecticgreg.blogspot.com/ Which will gain more followers? Not fair. I may kill my Twitter account.

Guess how many followers for the band Coldplay? The number is too long for the rest of the characters I had left after asking the question.

My followers are > those followed. So I am not lame. But close. (Two followers just want my money, so really: followers < followed. Lame?)

We are bored to the exact extent that we are boring. Bored a lot? You are way boring. Bored now? Your boredom = 132 characters.

I have discovered my religion: Procrastinarian. Tell you more about it later.

3 of my 8 followers are strangers trying to sell me stuff. "Bezmoney" ,"TweetPower" , "FinanceMentor" . . . stop following me! I'm wise 2U

Why are there "suggestions" for who I might follow? I can imagine following strangers, but why these? Am I "suggested" to others?

I'm not using Twitter right. Everyone else has big announcements. My announcement? # of followers = # followed: 5. The same 5 for each.

Giving kids time to write in my class. 500 words for them. 140 characters for me. I have 43 left. "Write more!" I tell them. Me, too!!!

Killing my Twitter account. Novelty worn off. 5 twittering following + 5 twittering followers: I kill 10 birds with one stone. Goodbye!

Okay, killing the twittering is kinda' involved and I'm lazy. Will kill later.

No comments:

Post a Comment